Scott’s expertise is in providing parents, teachers, counselors, and other adults with expert information and innovative strategies for solving the everyday problems children face from early childhood through adolescence. If your kids are having trouble, and you are searching for answers and solutions to make their life and your life better ~ you need Scott on your side!
He’s often asked what kind of child counselor or therapist he is … he’ll tell you, “I’m the best, but I’m very humble about it!” His humor aside, what they really want to know can be summed up below:
The tools he uses are commonly referred to as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, or CBT for short. Scott’s behavioral treatment approach addresses the specific problem behaviors you are facing with your children and helps you solve them. He teaches you, and your child or teen, new ways of behaving and new, more effective ways of thinking (which translates into new and more effective and way better ways of behaving!). This translates into you getting the results you want to see with your children. Over his exciting career he has honed his skills and created what he calls "Slightly Off the Wall Parenting." His exclusive approach blends CBT with his unique style of finding fun and clever ways to help kids learn and grow and remember.
Scott helps you establish structure, predictability, and routines in your family. He teaches you how to reward and increase the behaviors you want, such as following directions, and eliminate the behaviors you don’t, such as not turning in their homework. At the same time, he shows you how to talk with your kids, give them directions, and learn what to do and how to respond when they do follow directions and also when they don’t.
Bottom line is … he’s a talented child behaviorist that becomes your Personal Parenting Resource Coach …
training you on how to live a life filled with more joy and peace and fun while becoming the confident and loving parent you’ve always wanted to be. Scott is the Orange County Child Counselor you want on your side.
- Adjustment Problems related to family changes, moves, deaths, trauma, etc.
- Acting Shyly
- Adopted Kids
- Annoying Habits
- Arguing and Talking Back
- Attention-Deficit / Hyperactive Disorder (ADD and ADHD)
- Bedtime Problems
- Bed Wetting and Pant Wetting - Enuresis
- Challenging Home Rules
- Crying When Going to School and Melting Down When You Try to Leave
- Discipline Issues (How do I do it?!)
- Disorganization - especially for ADD/ADHD kids and teens - how to get them organized, successful, and raise their school grades
- Divorce Difficulties
- Drugs & Alcohol
- Eating Problems
- Failing Grades
- Feeling Fearful
- Foster Children
- Friendship Difficulites
- Fussy and Picky Eaters
- Hair Pulling - Trichotillomania
- Hitting, Kicking, Biting, and Spitting
- How to talk with your kids about sex, drugs, alcohol, your divorce, and other tough topics
- Low School Grades
- Low Self-Esteem
- Not Following Directions
- Not Turning in Homework
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Running Away (from home, or just in the store!)
- School Difficulties
- School Refusal and School Phobias
- Seperation Anxiety
- Sibling Rivalry
- Sleep Disturbances
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Soiling Pants - Encopresis
- Throwing Temper Tantrums (God's way of protecting us from overpopulation!)
- Truancy (not going, or not wanting, to go to school)
- Using Bad Language
- Video Game Addiction
- Wanting to Sleep in Your Bed
Scott has the distinction of providing child counseling that combines good science with good common sense. Call today for more information on Scott’s Child Counseling and Youth Counseling Services. He would be happy to talk with you about your needs and how he can help.
For over 25 years Scott has been helping children, teens, and their parents. And today he is one of Southern California's leading child counseling experts ... and one of the most exciting and entertaining speakers on parenting in our nation. If your child or teen needs help, you deserve to be treated by a specialist. So, why settle for a general one-size-fits-all counselor who's not adequately equipped, or trained, to meet the needs of your children and teens—when Scott is just a phone call away?
Scott provides uniquely practical, effective, simple, easy, and reassuring methods for resolving a wide variety of specific behavioral problems your children and teens may be experiencing, such as ...